Business and Functional Requirements for CVA
Detailed definition of business and functional requirements are critical to the success of all technology re-engineering projects. These form a core building block to identifying the right technology solution to meet business needs, whether this ultimate solution might be a bespoke build, vendor package or mixture of the two. For a complex technology implementation such as that required to support the end to end CVA process, clearly documented business and functional requirements are of particular importance.
Within the InteDelta Delivery Lifecycle for CVA, the scope of the requirements gathering and documentation typically incorporates definition of:
- CVA pricing and risk methodologies
- Trading and hedging functional requirements
- Risk analysis functional requirements
- Functional requirements in relation to credit curve construction (proxying etc)
- P&L and reserving functional requirements
- Interface and integration requirements (e.g. for pre-trade pricing)
- Requirements for data management, validation and sourcing
- User interface and overall usability requirements
- Performance and timeliness of processing
For more details on our wider approach to business and functional requirements definition, see our overall business and functional requirements page.