InteDelta Collateral Management Survey Report
In the new world of Dodd-Frank, EMIR, Basel III and beyond, new margin rules and central clearing demands are pushing firms to find what some estimate to be trillions of dollars of new collateral. With this collateral needing to be effectively posted and managed, great strain will be put on people, processes and, importantly, balance sheets. It is no surprise, then, that many market participants are struggling to determine the best way forward for their business, and to balance regulatory requirements with business growth and competitive advantage.
InteDelta, in partnership with SunGard surveyed over 100 industry participants across buy-side, sell-side and other market players. The survey aimed to take a detailed look into key developments within the collateral management industry and, wherever possible, to provide answers to such questions as:
- What are the key priorities driving change and investment in collateral management practices?
- How do these priorities differ across buy-side and sell-side firms?
- To what extent do firms feel that their collateral management capabilities are sufficient to successfully support their business?
- How are firms addressing initial margin calculation and what are the drivers affecting this issue?
- How far advanced are firms with regards to collateral trading and optimization?